I. Who can apply:
Doctoral students supported by CSC scholarship, with positive study attitude and good performance, who cannot complete their studies as scheduled (July 2022 or January 2023) due to special reasons and have not extended the scholarship period before.
II. Specific requirements
1. Before submitting the application, applicants shall have completed the thesis proposal, and passed the mid-term evaluation (or have met the academic requirements of school for the corresponding stage).
2. Applicants shall go through and pass the 2022 Annual Review of CSC Scholarship (please refer to the relevant notice).
3. The scholarship period can be extended for up to one year.
III. Application Process
1. Applicants log in CSC official website: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login by inputting their CSC Number. Choose “Scholarship Extension”, enter the extension application page, fill in the relevant content as required, including filling in personal statement, checking “having completed the thesis proposal” and “having passed the mid-term evaluation” (yes or no), choosing the extension duration (one academic year or one semester), and finally check the terms of commitment and submit the application. The deadline for submitting the scholarship extension application online is May 8, 2022.
Please note that if the applicants don’t submit the scholarship extension application online within the specified time, it will be deemed as “voluntarily giving up the application”. Late application will not be considered.
2. After the applicants submit their extension application online, the CSC system will send the review email to supervisors. Supervisor will check if the applicant has completed the thesis proposal and passed the mid-term evaluation, confirm the scholarship duration that the applicant has applied for extending, and give the review opinions of “passing” or “failing” the application.
3. USTC will carefully verifies the information filled in by applicants in the CSC system, including having completed the thesis proposal, having passed the mid-term evaluation, as well as having passed the 2022 annual review of CSC scholarship and having no previous record of scholarship extension. Referring to the supervisor’s comments, USTC reconfirms the applicant’s scholarship extension eligibility, and puts forward the review opinions of "approval" or "disapproval" in the CSC system, and report the university review result to the China Scholarship Council.
4. China Scholarship Council will report to the Ministry of Education for final approval.
IV. Application result
The result is expected to come out in August. If your application is not approved, you can apply to the International College for extension as a self-financed student.
In case of any questions during the application process, please feel free to contact Rui Zhang at 63600692, or Maya at 63603132, or email to email@example.com.