1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport and mentally and physically healthy.
2. Applicants must have bachelor's degree (equivalent to bachelor's degree in China).
*Those who plan to obtain the degree should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2024.
3. Applicants are required to provide proof of English language proficiency.
4. Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC.
5. Applicants should be under the age of 40 (by September 1st, 2024) and applicants for doctoral programs should be under the age of 45 (by September 1st, 2024).
1. Online Application
Oct 20th, 2023-February 15th, 2024
● There is no need for finding a host supervisor while applying online. All of your materials and documents (only if your online application is complete) will be sent to the schools and departments for their reference. Online interviews are organized afterwards.
● Please finish your online application as early as possible, for USTC to evaluate your application and remind you to correct or complete it when necessary.
2. Attend the online interview
February or March
● The online interview will be held by schools or departments accepting international students.
● The schools and departments will help those who pass the online interview find a host supervisor
● If the schools have other requirements, the detail information will be sent to applicants later via email.
June or July
1. Online Application
1.1 Create your account in the online application system.
1.2 Fill in all the information and upload the documents as required
Application materials required:
● Scanned copy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year)
● Curriculum Vitae
● At least two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors
(with phone number and email address)
● Scanned copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Right click to Download)
● Applicants for programs must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOEFL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English)
● Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country
*If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their university student status and the exact time they will obtain their degree certificate;
*If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
*If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Notarized translation in Chinese or English must be attached if the submitted documents are not in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.
2. Online Interview
The complete application materials will be reviewed by a group of experts from relevant departments /schools, and the candidates for the online interview will be selected based on the review results. The specific content, format, requirements and time arrangement of online interviews are decided by each department / school and will be notified to applicants.
● The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of applicants's academic performance, interview performance, qualifications, certificates and other related materials.
● Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201/JW202) will be sent out to the admitted applicants. The admitted applicants should take their ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW201/JW202), and original Foreigner Physical Examination Form as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home countries, and apply for student visa (X1 visa).
● The admitted applicants shall come to USTC for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. The admitted applicants must enter China with ordinary passport and X1 visa.
Master of Software
|Master of Computer Technology
(pay off in 2 years,
(pay off in 2 years,
Excellent applicants have the chance to be awarded with USTC Fellowship, which includes a tuition waiver, free on-campus accommodation or off-campus accommodation subsidy, comprehensive medical insurance, stipend of up to 5200USD/year. Fellowship awardees will be selected by the university based on the applicants' comprehensive evaluation. Please refer to the following link for details: USTC Fellowship Program in USTC 2024: http://ic.ustc.edu.cn/en/v7info.php?Nav_x=16