1. Non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, in good physical and mental health, and awarded a graduation certificate from senior high school
2. Having passed new HSK Level 5 or above; applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying at a high school where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test exemption.
3. Emigrants from China's mainland, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan applying as international students must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before April 30, 2016. In addition, the applicant must have lived abroad for at least 2 years during the period between April 30, 2016 and April 30, 2021 (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year may be considered as one year).
4. The conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC (Annex I) should be met.
|1. Online Application||December 1st, 2020--March 31st, 2021|
|2. Entrance Examination & Interview||Aprli or May|
1. Online Application
1.1 Create your account in the online application system;
1.2 Fill in all the information and upload the documents as required
Application materials required:
● Application Form for International Students (Undergraduate Program) (Annex II)
● Photocopy of passport (including pages with Chinese visa or residence permit, if applicable)
● Notarized photocopies of senior high school graduation certificate and transcripts. Applicants who will be graduating from senior high school before July 2021 should provide Pre-graduation Certificate issued by senior high school (Original senior high school graduation certificate and transcripts are required upon registration if get admitted).
● Photocopies of Certificate of new HSK Level 5 and transcripts (original certificate and transcripts are required upon registration if get admitted); or a proof of studying at a high school where the teaching language is Chinese
● Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Annex III)
● Recommendation letter from senior high school (original copy in Chinese or English)
● Applicants under 18 by Sept. 1st, 2021 should submit a Guardian Statement (Annex IV). The guardian of the applicant has to stay in Hefei during the period of applicant's studying at USTC. Whatever the guardian's nationality is, he or she must have a stable source of living.
● Emigrants from China's mainland, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan applying as international students should submit the following documents: ① Immigration certificate; ② Proof of cancellation of the original Chinese citizenship; ③ Photocopy of the passport pages with customs stamps (exit and entry) from April 30, 2016 to March 15th, 2021; ④ Proof of living abroad from April 30, 2016 to March 15th, 2021
In addition to the above application materials, USTC may require applicants to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
2. Entrance Examination & Interview
2.1 Entrance Examination
Applicants who passed the review of the application documents will be informed to participate in the entrance examination, which covers the subjects of Chinese, Mathematics, English and Science (comprehensive test of Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The time and venue for entrance examination will be notified later (usually held in April or May).
Applicants who pass the review of the application documents and meet the following requirements can be exempted from taking the entrance examination:
Applicants who pass the entrance examination or meet the examination waiver requirements are to attend the interview. Time, venue and method of interview will be notified later.
The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of applicants' academic performance (entrance examination or SAT/IB/GCE A-Level/ACT results), interview performance, qualifications, certificates and other related materials.
Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be sent out to the admitted applicants. The admitted applicants should take their ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Foreigner Physical Examination Form as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home countries, and apply for student visa (X1 visa).
The admitted applicants shall come to USTC for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. The admitted applicants must enter China with ordinary passport and X1 visa.
1. Tuition fee: 26,000 RMB per academic year
2. Insurance fee: 800 RMB per academic year
3. Accommodation fee for on-campus dormitories varying from 500--1,000 RMB per month depending on room type and size
4. Excellent applicants may apply for USTC Fellowship, which covers tuition fee, insurance fee, monthly stipend of 2,500 RMB and accommodation subsidy. Applicants can apply through the Online Application System. Please refer to the following link for details: USTC Fellowship Program in USTC 2021: http://ic.ustc.edu.cn/en/v7info.php?Nav_x=17
5. Excellent applicants may also apply through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in their home country for Chinese Government Scholarship. After having obtained the Award Letter from the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General, applicants can apply to USTC for pre-acceptance (Send the award letter to email@example.com). Official admission documents will be sent out after the applicants have been awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship. Please consult the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General, or refer to the following link for details: http://campuschina.org/