The AEARU Global Learning Initiatives project for the 2023 fall semester is now open for application, and the project information is hereby notified as follows:
1. Introduction of AEARU
The Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU) is a regional organization established in 1996. Its members are composed of top universities from five East Asian regions: China’s Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. AEARU relies on strong academic resources and a similar cultural background to provide a communication platform for research universities in East Asia. It aims to contribute to the development of higher education and scientific research and help East Asia to create a new era of economy, society and culture.
2. Introduction of Global Learning Initiatives project
During the epidemic, the Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU) initiated a project called “Global Learning Initiatives”, aiming to achieve mutual sharing of curriculum resources through online English course teaching and to ensure that the learning and communication among teachers and students from member schools will not be affected.
(1) Time: courses will start in the 2023 fall semester
(2) Cost: free
(3) Details: https://glip.aearu.com/
Each student can choose at most three courses. All students who have completed the course and passed the final assessment can obtain a certificate issued by International College; students graded with A and above (or the same level, such as “excellent”) can get exquisite gifts specially made by International College.
Please note that courses of this project will not be counted for credits nor appear on the transcript.
3. Application qualifications and requirements
(1) Student status requirements: Full-time students of the University of Science and Technology of China, whose graduation time should be later than the final date of the selected course.
(2) Other requirements: The requirements for grades, majors, and foreign language proficiency vary from course to course. Please see course information for details: https://glip.aearu.com/?cat=3
4. Application method
Your application shall be completed if you finish the following two stages.
(1)Please register and login the USTC VISTA platform via https://vista.ustc.edu.cn/, visit the program information at https://vista.ustc.edu.cn/projects/492 and submit your application by December 1st, 2021. And your internal application will be completed if you get approval from your school or college.
(1) Please check first the course information: https://glip.aearu.com/?cat=3 (each person can choose at most 3 courses, in principle, it is not recommended to choose courses from our university)
(2) Download the Endorsement Form: for USTC students, please click Sample 2023-Endorsement form.docx
(3) Send the completed endorsement form to the Office of Student Exchange by email at email@example.com before 18:00 on December 2, 2021:
for example, you are Dachui Wang, a sophomore student studying in the School of Physical Sciences for your Bachelor’s degree
(4) After the preliminary screening by the Office of International Cooperation and International College, an electronic stamped application form will be provided to eligible students. (It takes 1-2 working days, please be sure to provide a valid email address)
(5) The student himself completes the application through the online application system: https://glip.aearu.com/?page_id=2
Stamping deadline: July 28, 2023, at 6 pm (GMT+8)
Application deadline: July 29, 2023
5. Contact information
Wang Jieqin 63603301, firstname.lastname@example.org