According to the current domestic epidemic prevention and control policy and the related work arrangements of USTC, the following notice regarding registration of 2021 fall semester is hereby informed to our international students:
1. Registration Date
(1) For new students inside China: from September 7th (Tuesday) to September 8th (Wednesday).
(2) For new students outside China (online registration): from September 1st (Wednesday) to September 5th (Sunday).
(3) For senior students inside China: September 6th (Monday).
(4) For senior students outside China (online registration): from August 30th (Monday) to September 3rd (Friday).
(5) The classes for new students will start on September 13th (Monday). As for senior students, the classes for undergraduate students will begin on September 6th (Monday), and graduate students on September 13th (Monday).
2. Requirements for Registration
(1) International students inside China, who are in a medium- or high-risk area (will be updated at any time, please pay attention to the “ the Inquiry about the Risk-level of COVID-19 Epidemic” in the WeChat Mini Program of the State Council), or come to school via a medium- or high-risk area, or have a traveling or residence record in a medium- or high-risk area within 14 days, should postpone the on-site registration, report to the International College at once, and wait for further notice from the university for specific arrangements.
(2) International students inside China, who come from a low-risk area and have no traveling or residence record in a medium- or high-risk area within 14 days, should register with a 48-hour negative nucleic acid test certificate, health QR code, and traveling record of 14 days. Students who have been staying in Hefei for at least 14 days only need to provide health QR code and 14-days traveling record on registration.
(3) If the student inside China or the people living together with him/her in China is a confirmed case, asymptomatic infected person, suspected case, or determined by the Department of Disease Control and Prevention as a close contact or sub-close contact person, he/she needs to postpone the on-site registration, report to the International College at once, and wait for further notice from the university for specific arrangements.
(4) International students inside China should monitor their body temperature and conduct self-health observations every day for 14 days before registration. International students outside Hefei need to complete a health check-in for 14 consecutive days before registration. If students have symptoms such as fever, cough, fatigue, sore throat, diarrhea, etc., they must postpone the registration and report to the International College as soon as possible. After being cured, they can register with a 48-hour negative nucleic acid test certificate, health QR code, and traveling record of 14 days.
(5) Senior international students inside China should submit application for returning to school to the International College before August 30th (Monday). Students without permission are not allowed to return to school.
3. Reminder of Traveling Safety
On the way to the university, it is necessary to comply with the epidemic prevention and control requirements, actively cooperate with the epidemic prevention and control work, and take good personal health protection.
(1) Choose transportation means and routes reasonably, and avoid staying in crowded, poorly ventilated places. When taking public transportation, you should wear disposable medical masks or above-grade masks throughout the journey, maintain personal hygiene, and reduce exposure to public goods or parts of the transportation. Save the traveling tickets and take note of the time and place for the public transportation you take.
(2) After arriving at the university (including students currently in school), students need to strictly abide by the school’s epidemic prevention and control regulations. Don’t go out of the campus or gather together unless necessary. Personal protection should be well conducted. Wear masks while you are outside, wash hands frequently, open windows for ventilation, keep distance in social communication, etc. Strengthen personal health monitoring. Once you have symptoms such as fever, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, etc. please inform the International College in time and go to the nearest fever clinic or fever alertness clinic, wearing disposable medical masks or above-grade masks, and avoiding taking public transportation.