Dear international students’ training units,
Dear CSC scholarship holders,
According to the relevant requirements that made by the China Scholarship Council in their Notice on the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship (【2022】No.15), we are now starting the annual review work for the Chinese Government Scholarship students (hereinafter referred to as “CSC Scholarship Students”) registered in USTC. The annual review of CSC scholarship is an important measure to evaluate the overall performance of the CSC Scholarship Students, to urge them to successfully complete their studies as scheduled, and to guarantee the scholarship benefits. Through the evaluation of CSC Scholarship Students’ performance in various aspects in the past year, it is determined whether students have the eligibility to continue to enjoy or resume to enjoy the Chinese Government Scholarship for the next academic year. The specific implementation measures are as follows.
1. Who shall go through the annual review?
1) CSC Scholarship Students who will continue their studies in 2022 fall semester according to the admission plan, including the CSC Scholarship Students who have completed either on-site or on-line registration for both of the fall semester of 2021 and the spring semester of 2022, but excluding those who enrolled in the spring of 2022.
2) CSC Scholarship Students who cannot graduate in July 2022 according to the admission plan but meet the requirements for scholarship extension.
3) CSC Scholarship Students whose scholarship eligibility were suspended due to failure in 2021 scholarship annual review.
2. The contents of the annual review:
CSC Scholarship Students will be given the quantitative scores and qualitative evaluation on the basis of the following four aspects in the past year:
1) Moral conduct, including observing the regulations & disciplines, behaviors, rewards & penalties;
2) Academic performance, including the course result for the spring semester and fall semester of 2021, basic learning progress as well as scientific research achievements during the on-going academic year;
3) Learning/research attitude, including attendance;
4) Activity performance, including participation in academic, cultural, sports and social activities inside and outside the campus.
3. If one of the following circumstances occurs during the review year, the scholarship will be suspended for one year:
1) Having long-term negative learning/research attitude; having serious absenteeism to the group meetings or lab attendance rate is lower than 60%;
2) Having no foreseeable and substantial progress in research or refusing to complete the research tasks on schedule as required by supervisor; having not reached the required credits for two consecutive years;
3) Having violated the relevant disciplines and regulations of the University and therefore given the punishment of disciplinary probation by keeping under surveillance;
4) Having failed in the Monthly Assessment for three times.
The students whose scholarships are suspended, from the beginning of next academic year, will not enjoy the scholarships any more. However, they can apply to continue their studies as self-financed students or ask for exemption of certain fees according to the regulations of the institutions. Before the period of suspension is over, those involved can apply to go through Annual Review of that year. If they pass the review and get the approval from CSC, they can renew their scholarship from the next academic year.
4. If any of the following conditions occurs during the review year, the scholarship will be terminated:
1) Having violated the Chinese laws and been punished accordingly;
2) Having been ordered to quit or expelled from USTC;
3) Having failed in the Monthly Assessment for four times;
4) Having failed twice in the annual review;
5) Having not participated in the annual review without persuasive reasons.
Those who have their scholarship terminated will not enjoy the scholarships from the day of proclamation and cannot renew their scholarship any more.
5. Procedures of the annual review：
1) Students log in CSC official website: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login by inputting their CSC Number. Choose “Annual Review of Scholarship”, enter the Self-Assessment page, fill in the relevant content as required, upload the academic transcript and other documents, check the terms of commitment and submit the Self-Assessment. The deadline for completing the Self-Assessment online is April 25, 2022.
Please note that if the Self-Assessment is not submitted online within the specified time, it will be deemed as “having not participated in the annual review without persuasive reasons”
2) After CSC Scholarship Students submit their Self-Assessment online, the
CSC system will send the scoring link to supervisors/International College.
Supervisor will give the quantitative scores and qualitative evaluation based on the student’s performance in four aspects, including academic morality, scientific research achievements, learning/research attitude, and participation in academic activity. International College will score each CSC Scholarship Student’s performance in other aspects, including but not limited to compliance with university’s disciplines and regulations, participation in various activities, rewards and penalties, etc.
3) Based on students’ self-assessment and the scores and remarks given by supervisors and International College, USTC will put forward the evaluation opinions of "qualified" or "unqualified", as well as the suggestions on whether to continue to issue scholarship, suspend scholarship, or terminate scholarship, and report the university review result to the China Scholarship Council.
6. Announcement of the review result:
The final review result by the China Scholarship Council is expected to be announced in late August 2022. Please pay attention to the notification on the official website of International College http://ic.ustc.edu.cn/.
In case of any questions during the review process, please feel free to contact Rui Zhang at 63600692, or Maya at 63603132, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org