As required by the Ministry of Education, international students must be medically insured throughout their entire planned period of study. The purchase instructions are as follows:
Students whose insurance fee shall be borne by themselves (according to the Admission Notice), please log on to www.lxbx.net to purchase Group Comprehensive Insurance and provide the receipt to ISO for registration. Please be noted that students without valid Group Comprehensive Insurance will not be allowed to accomplish the registration procedure.
For students whose insurance fee shall be covered by the scholarship (according to the Admission Notice), the Group Comprehensive Insurance will be purchased by the University or your scholarship provider.
Group Comprehensive Insurance
1. Name of the Insurance: Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China of Ping An Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd.
2. The fee of the Group Comprehensive Insurance: 800RMB for one year, 400RMB for half a year.
I. How to purchase
1. Please log on to www.lxbx.net to purchase the insurance. The payment can be made via online payment. The specific purchase process is attached.
2. You are required to download and print the insurance purchase details including the insurance receipt and other insurance information and submit on the registration day.
3. If your information cannot be found in the system or you fail to complete the online payment, you may purchase the insurance on the registration day with the help of the International College.
For more detailed insurance information, please see www.lxbx.net or call 24-hour customer service hotline 400-810-5119.
III. Insurance Claim
Please dial +86-4008105119 (24-hour, bilingual) as soon as possible in case of any health problems and emergencies to consult issues regarding the medical treatment, advance payment for hospitalization, insurance claim, and so on.
USTC Hospital is located near the south gate of East Campus. You need to take your campus card and there is a special window for USTC students and staff.
Time: 8:00-11:45, 14:00 to 17:30 Monday-Friday
1. If you need to seek specialized treatment, you can go to larger Public hospitals off-campus which are also covered by health insurance.
2. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR ID CARD OR YOUR PASSPORT.
The First Affiliated Hospital of USTC
No.17 Lujiang Road, Luyang District
International Medical Department
The First Affiliated Hospital of Medical University
No.218 Jixi Road, Shushan District
International Medical Department(No120, Wanshui Road, Gaoxin District）
The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
No.117 Meishan Road, Shushan District
The Third People’s Hospital of Hefei
No.204 Wangjiang East Road, Baohe District
Anhui Women and Child Health Care Hospital
No.15 Yimin Road, Luyang District
If you want to see a dentist, you can go to Hefei Stomatological Hospital.
Address: No.265 Changjiang Middle Road
Tel: 0551-62635920 (Day) 0551-62610053 (Night)
Emergency consultation is always available.
Emergency treatment telephone numbers: 0551-63600120 (24hours)
To protect the mental health of students, USTC has set up a Mental health education and counseling center to provide free consultation services for students facing pressure and psychological problems.
Address: 1st Floor, West Side of Old Library, East campus, University of Science and Technology of China
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:00-12:00, 14:00-21:00
If necessary, international students can get psychological consultation service:
1. Telephone consultation:Communicate with the center for consultation service by dialing its telephone number
2. Online consultation: Log into the center's website, go for the "Smile Consultation" column, ask your questions, and the center teachers will answer patiently. (Website address: http://smile.ustc.edu.cn/index/lists/003)
3. Face-to-face consultation: Make an appointment by email or phone call in advance, and the center will arrange face-to-face consultation if needed.