Authorized by the Ministry of Education of China, the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchanges (CSCSE) will hold the 6th “My Beautiful Encounter with China” essay competition as well as a short-video competition with the same theme this year. With the hope of helping to enrich your experience in China and promote the cultural exchanges among international students from different parts of the world, we invite you to participate the exciting event:
International students of Chinese universities
Ways to Participate:
Participants may choose from either of the two forms (essay or short-video), or join both of them. All entries must be original, without being published in other newspapers, books or websites, or being contributed to other competitions.
Requirements of Essay Entries
1. We expect you to share with us your experiences and insights of China, including but not limited to China’s development and changes, your preview of the future of economic, social, scientific and cultural exchanges between China and other countries.
2. You can decide the headlines of your stories with the theme on “My Beautiful Encounter with China.” You can share your feelings and observations of your study, your daily life and your work in China, as well as the natural scenery, urban features and cultural exchanges you have seen and experienced.
3. Language: Written in Chinese, the length of entries should be around 1,000 Chinese characters.
Requirements of Short-Video Entries
1. Considering the theme of the competition, you may record your story in China from the eyes of an international student and express your feelings for the country through your lens.
2. Video Duration: 1-6 minutes.
3. Video Format: MP4.
How to Contribute:
1. Please send your essay works via the link below:
The font of the text of the essay should be Song typeface, small size 4, 1.5 line spacing.
Deadline: June 20th, 2022 for essay competition;
2. Please send your short-video works via the link below:
Deadline: July 30th, 2022 for short-video contest.
All submitted essays will be reviewed by a professional panel. Outstanding essays will be published as a book, and some of them may be published in newspapers or magazines. Short videos will be assessed based on contents, quality, popularity and etc. All the winners will be awarded the certificate issued by CSCSE, as well as relevant rewards.