1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport and mentally and physically healthy.
2. Applicants for master's programs must have bachelor's degree (equivalent to bachelor's degree in China). Applicants for doctoral programs must have master's degree (equivalent to master's degree in China).
* Those who plan to obtain their degrees should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2023.
3. Applicants for master's programs should be under the age of 40 (by September 1st, 2023) and applicants for doctoral programs should be under the age of 45 (by September, 1st, 2023).
* Some scholarship programs have specific age limits. For the relevant information, please refer to the information of different scholarships.
4. Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese should have passed new HSK Level 4 or above; applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying at a high school / university where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test exemption. Applicants for programs instructed in English need to provide proof of English language proficiency.
5. Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC.
|1. Online Application||October 20th, 2022--February 15th, 2023|
* There is no need for finding a host supervisor while applying online. All of your materials and documents (only if your online application is complete) will be sent to the schools and departments for their reference. Online interviews are organized afterwards. Once you pass the interview, a prospective supervisor will be recommended.
* Please finish your online application as early as possible, for USTC to evaluate your application and remind you to correct or complete it when necessary.
|2. Online Interview||February or March|
* The online interview will be held by schools or departments accepting international students.
* The schools and departments will help those who pass the online interview to find a host supervisor.
* If the schools have other requirements, the detail information will be sent to applicants later via email.
|3. Admission||June or July|
1. Online Application
1.1 Create your account in the online application system.
1.2 Fill in all the information and upload the documents as required.
Application materials required:
● Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year)
● A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
● Curriculum Vitae
● Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address)
● Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the Annex)
● Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOEFL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
● Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcripts for both Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country
* If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their student status and the exact time when they will obtain their degree certificate;
* If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
* If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Notarized translation in Chinese or English must be attached if the submitted documents are not in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.
2. Online Interview
The complete application materials will be reviewed by the International College and an expert group from the relevant departments /schools. Then the candidates for the online interview will be selected based on the review results. The specific content, format, requirements and time arrangements of online interviews are to be decided by each department / school and will be notified to applicants.
The admission decision is based on a comprehensive evaluation of applicants' academic performance, interview performance, qualifications, certificates and other related materials.
Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201/JW202) will be sent out to the admitted applicants. The admitted applicants should take their ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW201/JW202), and original Foreigner Physical Examination Form as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home countries, and apply for student visa (X1 visa).
The admitted applicants shall come to USTC for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. The admitted applicants must enter China with ordinary passport and X1 visa.
1. Tuition fee: doctoral programs: 35,000 RMB per academic year
master's programs: 30,000 RMB per academic year
2. Insurance fee: 800 RMB per academic year
3. Accommodation fee for on-campus dormitories varying from 500--1,000 RMB per month depending on room type and size
4. Scholarships: Excellent applicants may apply for USTC Fellowship, which covers tuition fee, insurance fee, monthly stipend (up to 7,000 RMB for PhD students and up to 3,000 RMB for master students) and accommodation subsidy. Applicants can apply through the Online Application System. Please refer to the following link for details: USTC Fellowship Program in USTC 2023: http://ic.ustc.edu.cn/en/v7info.php?Nav_x=16