Department: Laboratory for Integrated Technology of “Urban and Rural Mines” Exploitation，Guangzhou Institute of Energy Conversion, CAS
Mailing Address: 2 Nengyuan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Postal Code: 510640
(Total publications more than 170, 16 academic books and 18 patents)
1. Yong Chen, and Hitoki Matsuda; Coal Pyrolysis Characteristics; Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy, Vol.71, No.2, pp.85-90 (1992).
2. Yong Chen, Hitoki Matsuda, and Masanobu Hasatani; Effect of Fuel Ratio on Fuel-N Emission During Coal Pyrolysis, Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy, Vol.71, No.8, pp.766-772 (1992).
3. Tomohide Watanabe, Yong Chen, Ichiro Naruse, and Masanobu Hasatani; Gas-Solid Interracial Heat Transfer in Fast Fluidized Beds, Heat Transfer, Vol. 22, No.3, pp.269 (1993).
4. Yong Chen, Hitoki Matsuda, and Masanobu Hasatani; Combustion Rate Analysis of Fly Ash Containing Unburned Carbon, Journal of Chem.Eng.,Vol.19, No.1, pp.48-54 (1993).
5. Yong Chen, Hitoki Matsuda, and Masanobu Hasatani; Behavior of Coal Tar-N Formed in Coal Pyrolysis, Journal of Chem.Eng.,Vol.19, No.4, pp.669-672(1993).
6. Yong Chen, Hitoki Matsuda, and Masanobu Hasatani; Change in Particle Shape of Different Ranks of Coals During Coal Pyrolysis, Journal of Chem.Eng.,Vol.19, No.4, pp.672-675 (1993).
7. Yong Chen, and Shigekatsu Mori; Properties of Carbon Containing in Fly Ash Discharged from Pulverized Coal Combustion Boiler, Japan Institute of Energy, Vol.73, No.8, pp.748-754 (1994).
8. Masanobu Hasatani, Hitoki Matsuda, and Yong Chen; Effect of Fuel Ratio on Coal Pyrolysis and Nitrogen Emission Behaviour, Combustion Technologies for a Clean Environment, by Maria da Graca, pp.691-701 (1994)
9. Yong Chen, Shigekatsu, and Wei-Ping Pan,;Estimating the Combustibility of Various Coal by TG-DTA, Energy & Fuels, January/February, Vol.9, No.1, pp.71-74 (1995).
10. Yong Chen, Shigekatsu, and Wei-Ping Pan; Ignition Mechanisms of Different Ranks of Coals, Coal Science Technology 24, Vol.1, pp.603-607 (1995). ISBN 0-444-82227-5
11. Yong Chen, Hitoki Matsuda, Shigekatsu Mori, Masanobu Hasatani, and Yu-Shen Xie; Study on the Conversion of Coal Nitrogen to Tar, Energy & Fuels, Vol.19, No.5, pp.866-869 (1995).
12. Teruyuki Okajima, Yong Chen, and Shigekatsu Mori; Production of Porous Material from Coal Ash Discharged from Fluidized Bed Combustor, Coal Science Technology 24, Vol.2, pp.1983-1987 (1995). ISBN 0-444-82227-5
Positions are open for highly motivated graduates. Candidates interested in the field of the thermo-chemical conversion and technology innovation of organic wastes (reaction mechanism, product control and pollutant generation inhibition in thermochemical conversion of organic waste) are welcome to contact me. Background in Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics, and Chemical Engineering and Technology is preferable. The Value-added Conversion of Organic Waste Group at USTC invites applications for postdoctoral positions. The successful applicant will join an exciting research group under the supervision of Prof. Yong Chen as well as extensively interacts with other research groups in the field of Environmental Science and Engineering, and Materials and Chemical Engineering. More information can be found on my webpage.