To celebrate International Chinese Day, Chinese Testing International are calling for short videos about “My China Story”. HSK examinees, Chinese learners, Chinese culture enthusiasts, and other relevant groups around the globe are eligible to participate in this event. If you are interested in joining it, please check the information below carefully and submit your work together with the registration form to the link before midday of May 18, 2022:
No.1 Scope of the selected topics
1.Stories about learning Chinese;
2.Opportunities the HSK test has brought you;
3.Chinese elements you have encountered in your hometown (People, events, or things related to China in any country or region);
4.Demonstration of Chinese calligraphy works;
5.Your experience of studying in China.
Any of the five topics is eligible.
First Prize - 3 participants: Huawei Tablet (worth about 2500 RMB)
Second Prize - 5 participants: Huawei Watch (worth about 1500 RMB)
Third Prize - 10 participants: Huawei Sports Bracelet (worth about 1000 RMB)
Incentive Prize - 50 participants: Free HSK Home - based Tests (worth about 800 RMB)
No.3 Selection process and schedule
Collecting of Videos: April 20, 2022 - May 18, 2022
Participants can submit the videos during this period.
First Review: May 20, 2022 - June 10, 2022
This is the first and basic round of review and evaluation, including whether or not the theme and subject of the work are appealing, whether the picture quality, technique and cohesion of the video is smooth and so on.
Online Voting: June 10, 2022 - June 30, 2022
The videos that pass the first review will be open for online votes on bilibili (ACCOUNT: 汉语考试HSK) and Youtube (ACCOUNT: HSK Official) for 20 days.
Expert Evaluation: June 30, 2022 - July 15, 2022
Relevant experts will be invited to evaluate videos that pass the first review.
Award Ceremony: by the end of July 2022
Each award will be confirmed based on the results of online voting and expert evaluation. Certificates and prizes will be presented at the award ceremony.
No.4 Rules and format requirements
1. Each participant should choose a topic and submit only one video.
2. Any form that fits the theme is eligible, such as speech, recitation, talk show, performance, calligraphy demonstration, etc.
3. The video should be dubbed and subtitled in Chinese and last 1 - 3 minutes.
4. The video format should be HD MP4, and the file size must not exceed 100MB.
5. The video should be clear, without corner marks, TV station marks, watermarks, or logos.
6. If the video is recorded on a mobile phone, you are advised to use a rear camera, to shoot the video in landscape mode and to keep the mobile phone stable.
Please note that any wrong formats can influence the first review of your video.
No.5 Dos and don'ts
1. Participants are not allowed to submit other people’s works. If discovered, you will be immediately disqualified.
2. Copyright statement: The contributor must guarantee that the work submitted is his/her own creation and that they enjoy full copyright. From the date of submission, it is deemed that the contributor has granted the copyright (except for the authorship rights) and linking right of the submitted work to the event organizers. Contributors have the right to authorize the publication of their works and bear the domestic and foreign copyright responsibilities arising from the spread and publication of the submitted works.
3. The work must be completed by the author himself/herself. The responsibility for the copyright, authorship, images, privacy and other legal matters involved are borne by the author and have nothing to do with the organizer. The host units only provide the platform for organizing activities, evaluating, and awarding prizes.
4. The work shall not contain violence, pornography, religion, racial discrimination, etc. It shall not be implanted with advertisements, and the content should be positive.
5. The organizer reserves the right to interpret how the event should be conducted. Participation in this event is subject to the rules. Creators are requested to take care to abide by the laws and regulations consciously. Once submitted, participants are deemed to have voluntarily acknowledged the regulations above.