The USTC Outstanding International Student Award is a prestigious award initially set up by the International College of USTC in 2020. The award aims to commend international students of USTC for their outstanding performance in academic achievement, and their active participation in social practice and cultural activities, to inspire them to study more diligently and make greater progress. The USTC Outstanding International Student Award is composed of three sub awards, namely, the Academic Excellence Award, the Social Service Award and the Activity Participation Award. This email is to inform you of the application for the 2021/2022 Academic Excellence Award. If you are interested, you are welcome to apply.
The following is some information regarding the application for the Academic Excellence Award:
1. Reward standard:
1) Certificate of Honor
2) Reward bonus
2. Who can apply?
All the full-time postgraduate students who have studied at USTC for more than one year on current program except for students on study extension.
3. How to apply?
Click this survey link（https://www.wjx.cn/vm/Q08URNy.aspx#）to complete online registration, submit the application form (see attachment) and supporting documents before October 26, 2022 on 23:59.
Only publications or monography achieved during the period from September 2021 to August 2022 will be considered. Please don’t provide documents out of that period.
Please number all the supporting documents in sequence and properly compress them before uploading them into the survey link. Late submission will not be considered.
Supporting documents include:
1. Transcripts (Only Chinese version is required).
2. Thesis retrieval proof or acceptance notification of published papers (articles without such materials will not be regarded as supporting materials) and other proof materials of participating in published books.
3. Certificates of awards of all kinds of national, provincial or municipal competitions or patent certificates.
4. Proof of student cadres or positions in associations if you have.
4. Basic assessment criteria:
1) Respect and abide by Chinese laws and university regulations, and have excellent behaviors.
2) Have excellent performance in course work and research.
5. Selection procedures:
1) Student submits the application to the International College of USTC as required.
2) The International College selects an appropriate number of candidates who meet the application requirements and recommends them to the Academic Committee of International College for assessment and review.
3) The Academic Committee of International College organizes final review.
4) The winners will receive Certificate of Honor at the USTC Outstanding International Student Commendation Conference during the International Cultural Exchange Week 2022 (in November). The bonus will be transferred to the recipients’ accounts later.
It’s a good opportunity for the international students of USTC to gain recognition in their learning process. We sincerely hope that all students who meet the requirements will join the competition.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are uncertain about any aspect of the above information.